Belgian Endive And Pear Salad With Roquefort Dressing| Christy Rost
- 2 belgian endive
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 2 ripe red Bartlett pears
- 2 green onions, sliced, green part only
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 4 ounces crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon white wine Worcestershire
- freshly ground black pepper
Arrange leaf lettuce and endive on 4 salad plates. Core and slice pears; arrange pears in between endive. Sprinkle with green onions and nuts.
In a medium bowl, crumble Roquefort cheese with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise, buttermilk, Worcestershire and pepper until mixture is creamy with small lumps of cheese. Spoon over salads and serve.
Recipe makes 4 salads.