Blackcurrant Spritzer| Christy Rost
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar for rim of glass
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 3 ounces blackcurrant nectar (I use Looza brand)
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup, cooled
- 1 splash fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces chilled lemon-lime soda
Moisten rim of glass with lime wedge. Pour sugar into a saucer. Dip rim into sugar to coat; set aside.
Fill a cocktail shaker one-half full of ice cubes. Add the lemonade, blackcurrant nectar, simple syrup and lime juice. Cover and shake until well blended and chilled. Add lemon-lime soda; shake gently to mix. Strain into glass and serve.
Recipe makes 1 cocktail.
To make simple syrup, combine 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Cool; store in refrigerator.