Chunky Guacamole| Christy Rost
- 5 ripe avocados
- 1 small lime
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
- 1/3 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Slice avocados in half lengthwise and twist to open; remove the pits. Using a table knife, score the avocado into cubes and scoop into a bowl with a large spoon. Sprinkle with lime juice and stir with a fork, mashing half of the avocado until the guacamole is a mixture of smooth and chunky texture. Add the chopped tomato, jalapeno, sweet onion, garlic, cilantro, salt, and pepper; stir to mix.
Transfer the guacamole to a serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips.