Crab Cakes| Christy Rost
- 1/2 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup plain or seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
At least 1 hour before cooking, stir all ingredients, except seasoned bread crumbs and olive oil, with a fork in a medium bowl. With your hands, form the mixture into 3-inch patties. Place the crab cakes on a platter, cover tightly, and refrigerate 1 to 8 hours.
Pour bread crumbs into a small dish. Dredge each crab cake in them.
Preheat a large skillet over medium-low heat; add olive oil, then crab cakes. Sauté the crab cakes approximately 3 minutes, or until golden brown; turn them over with a metal spatula and sauté them 3 minutes. Drain the crab cakes on paper towels and serve.
Recipe makes 4 to 5 3-inch crab cakes.