Peach Flambe with Vanilla Bourbon Sauce| Christy Rost
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 ripe Colorado peaches, rinsed and sliced
- 1 vanilla bean
- ½ cup good quality Bourbon
- Vanilla or coffee ice cream
- Confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, add brown sugar, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add sliced peaches and the vanilla bean, and cook several minutes, stirring occasionally, until the peaches begin to soften. Warm the bourbon in a small saucepan, slowly pour it in one side of the pan, flame if desired, and cook 2 minutes more until the sauce is smooth and the flavors meld. Remove the vanilla bean.
Place one or two scoops of ice cream in each dessert plate. Spoon the peaches and sauce over the ice cream and dust the rims of the plates with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings