Picnic Salad Triffles| Christy Rost
Source: At Home with Christy Rost, Season 2, Episode 204
- 4 8-ounce glass canning jars with lids
- ¾ cup julienned radicchio or red cabbage
- 2 thick slices applewood smoked bacon, cooked until crisp
- 4 ½ cups iceberg or romaine lettuce, rinsed, spun dry, and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup arugula, rinsed, spun dry, and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, rinsed and julienned
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Recipe Creamy Carr Valley Ba Ba Blue Cheese Dressing
Divide the radicchio equally into the bottom of each jar. Top with 2 ¼ cups of the chopped iceberg lettuce, arugula, tomatoes, basil, and the remaining lettuce, divided evenly between each jar to form layers.
Cover and chill. Just before serving, season the salads with salt and pepper, drizzle generously with Creamy Carr Valley Ba Ba Blue Cheese Dressing, and garnish with crumbled bacon.
Yield: 4 servings