Southwest Casserole Soft Tacos| Christy Rost
- 1 ½ pounds ground chuck
- ¾ cup sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and minded
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 ¼ cups medium-heat salsa
- 2 15-ounce cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Carr Valley Cranberry Chipotle or cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crushed tortilla chips
- ¾ cup shredded Carr Valley Baby Cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Flour tortillas, warm
- Chopped lettuce, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Sauté ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until the meat has browned. Drain the fat, reduce the heat to low, add garlic, and saute 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce and salsa and stir to mix. Stir in kidney beans, cranberry chipotle cheese, and crushed tortilla chips.
Cook until the mixture is bubbly, then transfer into a large casserole dish, sprinkle with cheddar cheese, and cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes or until the it’s hot and bubbly.
To serve, spoon Southwest Casserole into warm flour tortillas, top with lettuce, cheese, and a dollop of sour cream.
Yield: 8 servings
Note: For quick meals, filling may be served directly from the skillet without baking.