Strawberry and Blackberry Garden Salad with Dark Sweet Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette| Christy Rost
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, rinsed, spun dry, 4 leaves whole, the remainder torn
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and sliced
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries, rinsed
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon dark sweet cherry balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place a whole lettuce leaf on each salad plate and top with torn lettuce. Arrange sliced strawberries over the lettuce and garnish each salad with blackberries and raspberries. Chill until ready to serve.
Just before serving, combine cherry balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk gently to mix and spoon the vinaigrette over the berries and lettuce.
Yield: 4 servings