Tropical Garden Salad with Honey-Orange Dressing| Christy Rost
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 ½ tablespoons freshly squeeze orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 bunch green leaf lettuce, rinsed and spun dry
- 1 ripe papaya, rinsed, seeded, and sliced
- 1 ripe pineapple, rinsed, peeled, cored, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 to 3 ripe mangoes, rinsed, pitted, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2-3 oranges, rinsed, peeled, and sectioned
In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, and honey until well blended. Cover and chill while preparing the fruit.
Arrange lettuce on a large platter and top with papaya, pineapple, mango, and oranges. Just before serving, drizzle the salad with some of the honey orange dressing and pour the remainder into a small serving bowl or pitcher.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings