Caramelized Sweet Onion, Spinach And Feta Pizzas| Christy Rost
- 1 package 8-inch pizza crusts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- coarse salt, to taste
- 1 large OSO Sweet® onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the pizza crusts on a large cookie sheet, brush tops with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and sprinkle them with coarse salt; set aside.
Preheat a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, swirling to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the spinach, sauté just until it begins to wilt, and transfer it onto the pizzas.
Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add onions and sauté 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often, until they are golden brown. Spoon them on top of the spinach.
Arrange artichoke hearts on top of the onions and sprinkle pizzas with feta cheese. Bake in a preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes until they are hot. Slice into quarters and serve.
Cook's Note: Pizzas may be assembled up to 2 hours before baking.