Coffee-Rubbed Bison Steak Soft Tacos| Christy Rost
- 2 large bison New York strip steaks, 1-inch thickness
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground coffee, finely ground
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Flour tortillas
Preheat the grill. In a small bowl, stir together ground coffee, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and smoked paprika. Rub the mixture into the meat until both sides are well coated.
When the grill is hot, place the steaks on the grill and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until they are well seared. Turn them over and cook 3 to 4 minutes more until the meat is medium rare and a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the meat registers 140 to 145 degrees. Do not overcook the bison, as it will become tough. The meat should still be pink inside. When the meat is done, transfer it to a cutting board and set it aside 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.