Composed Mixed Greens And Endive Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette And Parmesan Wafers| Christy Rost
- 1 small bunch green leaf lettuce
- 1 small bunch red leaf lettuce
- 1 belgian endive
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 recipe Parmesan Wafers
Wash and spin dry leaf lettuces. Arrange lettuces in a pleasing pattern on 4 salad plates or in a large salad bowl. Separate the endive leaves, arrange on top of the greens, and top with rings of onion.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and ground black pepper together until the mixture begins to emulsify. Spoon the dressing over the salads and garnish with the Parmesan Wafers.
Recipe makes 4 salads.
- 1 cup coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. When skillet is hot, place tablespoonfuls of grated Parmesan in the skillet, 2 inches apart, spreading the cheese out to an even thickness.