Grilled Pork Loin Chops with Sweet Onion Glaze| Christy Rost
- 4 1 to 1/2-inch-thick pork loin chops with rib bone
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sweet Onion Glaze
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Season the meat on both sides with salt and pepper. When it is hot, place the meat on the grill and cook 3-4 minutes until the bottom of the meat is well-seared, turn it over, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, until a meat thermometer registers 145 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
Remove the meat from the grill, set it aside 10 minutes to rest, and serve with Sweet Onion Glaze.
Yield: 4 servings
Sweet Onion Glaze
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup apple jelly
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat a large skillet over medium-low heat, add oil, and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the onions and saute 10 minutes or until they become golden brown. Add the garlic, saute 1 minute, then transfer the mixture to a blender. Add jelly, vinegar, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes, cover, and blend until the mixture is thick and somewhat coarse.
Transfer the glaze to a saucepan and simmer to keep it warm while grilling the meat. To serve, spoon some of the glaze over each chop.